Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #83: DIGGING MYSELF DEEPER

I remember a while ago, I went to buy my first car. It was a used piece of shit, and it cost me out the ass because I didn't have any credit rating, aside from my student loan. I'd always believed credit cards are evil, and I've avoided them most of my life. And then I realized that I'm going to need to get the fuckers because in order to make it through life, I needed some kind of credit rating.


So I got a few credit cards, and things spun waaaaaay out of control. I blame my piece of shit car for the most of it, because I had to get a new set of tires for the fucking thing every ten months, not to mention everything else that went wrong with it. Maybe I spent a bit too much on books, and I know I spent a shit-ton on my girlfriend at the time, but for the most part, I think it was that car. Oh yeah, and the tooth implant I had to get back then. Jesus, that cost thousands of dollars.


Then I got a couple more credit cards, and things got worse. Holy shit, I'm bad at this. I don't think I'll ever be out from under this debt. Maybe if I finally get done paying for the super-awesome car that replaced the piece of shit I used to own, but that's not going to happen for another year.


I'm at the end of my rope, so what did I do? I got a couple more credit cards. Yeah, I know. That doesn't sound very bright. I'm pretty sure I'm well on the road to fucking myself up entirely. I wanted to see if I could get a credit limit that would allow me to do a balance transfer on one of my cards, since the interest is breaking my fucking back on that one, but no one will give me a $5,000 card.


Right now, I have these two in reserve. All too often, thanks to my recent medical and dental bills, I've found myself out of money for various things, and I fall back on the credit cards to help me stay afloat. But that's no longer getting to be an option. My plan is to retire my two biggest credit cards and put any emergency-only expenditures on my new cards. That way, I can whittle the others down a bit, and since I don't have to pay interest on my new cards for a year and a half, it might buy me enough time to put the car payments six feet under. Once that happens, I'll have a sudden gush of money into my coffers every month. Five hundred motherfucking dollars will be freed up, and I'll finally be able to kick some ass with the credit cards.


Today was payday at work. 100% of my check went to bills. The car payment, a few medical bills, my dental bill and my insurance payment. I have literally zero money left over from all of this. The next two weeks are going to be fucking awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment