Saturday, August 29, 2020

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #299: WHAT DO THE IT REMAKE AND BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC HAVE IN COMMON?

 There is one thing that the IT remake and Bill and Ted Face the Music have in common: both are movies that people have been talking about for fucking years. It got to the point where I decided that I would never believe either of them happening. I said, of both films, that I would not believe either was actually happening until I sat in the theater and saw the opening credits for each movie.


When IT CHAPTER 1 was announced as finished, I said that it was bullshit. It wasn't real. I fully believed that I would be sitting in my theater seat with popcorn and Coke, and the opening credits would roll and Tim Curry as Pennywise would say, "Just kidding, John Bruni! You fool! Sit back for the full time of the original IT TV movie!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"


That didn't happen. I began to have more hope for Bill and Ted 3. And then the plague happened, and I realized there was no way in hell I'd see the movie in a theater. Much to my shock and glee, it was released On Demand, and I got to watch it from my own home. I could not have been happier with the result. I have always loved the idea of a couple of lovable idiots who save the world through the universal power of music. If you don't, I suspect you might not be human. And to watch the third film unfold made me feel young again. It was great to see how they save the world. It was awe inspiring and very beautiful. I had a wonderful time.


This means that I might be wrong about another possible trilogy that was never finished. So Hollywood . . . when are we finally going to finish the Weekend at Bernie's trilogy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment