Okay, I've heard the rumors. I've been trying to ignore them, but they're persistent, so I feel I need to address them so we can all move on with our lives.
I've known Bill--his friends get to call him that--ever since I guested on his show when I was a child actor in the late 'Sixties. I haven't seen him in a while (we got together again for the film, Spplat Attack, a couple of decades ago), but I know he's a loyal fan of Goodnight, Fuckers. He joshes me about the title all the time. It's good natured ribbing, all in fun. But the media circus around this controversy has to stop.
So please believe me when I say the fuckers I write these for are not the same as Bill's band, the Fuckers.
There's a lot of crossover, sure, but quite frankly Bill is tired of being asked about stuff like "corporate overlords" and "techbros" and my catchphrase, "History is never far behind." He's asked me as a personal favor to publicly announce this so we can put the rumors to rest. Please respect his time in this manner.
Goodnight, fuckers. And Fuckers. Just in case.
I haven't forgotten you, either. Goodnight, Bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment