Thursday, October 8, 2026

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #1106: THE GRAMPS EQUATION

 How many of these things have I written? And how many have been about Gramps? A lot, and a lot, and I have the nagging feeling that I may have done this before. I searched key words on this blog to check, but nothing came back, so I'm only about 80-20 that I've never done this topic.

Gramps had a lot of sayings. My favorite was, "'Balls,' said the queen. 'If I had two I'd be king!'" But whenever he was frustrated, he had a good one: "Shit and two is eight." I took to saying it whenever I got annoyed with something.

When I got to high school, I took my first big boy math class, and I realized that Gramps was essentially cursing in Algebra. Hence his saying became: Shit + 2 = 8. Algebra tells us that to solve this equation, we have to subtract two from both sides of the equals sign, which will tell us: Shit = 4. The twos cancel each other out on the left side of the equation, leaving shit, which means the right side is eight divided by two, which is four.

So I'm not entirely useless when it comes to math. Just mostly useless.

The next time you listen to Slipknot, please keep in mind that they're really singing is that People = 4.

This GF has been brought to you by weed.

But not so much weed that I've forgotten I'm running a contest. If you want to win a Nightmare on Elm Street Hawthorne Village house, complete with working light and two Freddy figurines, then check this out here, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment