Thursday, April 19, 2012

WHERE I HAVE BEEN

My apologies, folks.  Due to a horrible illness, my coverage of C2E2 will be considerably less than it would have been.  I have a few things for you, but I got sick on Saturday morning and wound up missing days 2 and 3 as a result.  I also missed three days of work this week to this awful sickness, but I'm back on track now.

It sucked.  I drove all the way out to McCormick after a dentist's appointment on Saturday.  I felt a little queasy when I got to the city, so I figured I'd just find a quick parking spot, a quick bathroom, and quickly void the sickness in my guts . . . and then I couldn't find parking.  Lots were fucking closed down.  After circling for a while outside, the sickness got so bad that I just said fuck it and decided to go home, hanging my head in a trash can in my car, fully expecting to puke my guts out while driving.

I spent the next few days puking and in pain, much like I spent a lot of last summer, except this time I knew what was wrong.  This hereby marks the end of the Red Meat and Whiskey Diet, even though it was more like the Red Meat Diet, as I wasn't really drinking.  Three shots of whiskey would have me barely functioning, and one more after that would be night-night time.  That's all well and good, but not when I still have stuff to do.  People were not meant to eat nothing but red meat, and besides that, my doctor told me that Dr. Atkins is dead.  "And you should never follow a dead man's diet," he added.

Which sucks, because it was working.  I'm secretly pleased, though, because I miss whiskey, and I'd like to get back to drinking it.  Perhaps I'll just change it to the Whiskey Diet.  Nah, I'm not that crazy.

Anyway, what little coverage of C2E2 I have will begin shortly (and I'm furious because I missed EVERY FUCKING PANEL I NEEDED TO BE AT), and my 100 reviews, 100 days continues a little bit later today.  Sorry for the disruption and inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment