Friday, July 24, 2015

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #147: IT'S REASSURING, I GUESS

Yeah, those of you who have been following me recently know I've been going through a fit of depression. I thought I had a handle on it, but a few things happened that threw me off course. I'm trying to figure my shit out, I really am. It helps that I got my new copies of STRIP today, the ones with the awesome Luke Spooner cover.


But then there's the problem of my next book, which just got fucked by the publisher going out of business.


I'm trying to keep a positive front up, but it's hard. It's hard to get attention for this book because it's a romantic crime novel, and there is almost a zero market for that. I wish I could explain more, but that would give away the important parts.


I've been rereading the book for the first time in about two years, getting it ready to be presented to a new publisher, and I dreaded doing this. I was afraid that this book would suck because it's soooooo different from the other shit I write. But as I'm going along, I'm impressed. I love the fuck out of this book, and I don't want it to be forgotten just because the publisher went out of business.


It's ultimately a book about love, and I just don't do that kind of thing. I've taken every relationship I've ever been in and thrown it into this thing. It's painful to reread some of this shit, because it's almost all true. Almost.


I have a plan. Hopefully it will succeed, because I really want you all to read this book. It might be the most honest thing I've ever written, mostly because it's based on my extrapolation of a true story. It's not necessarily a true story, but it's so close it burns like Icarus getting too close to the sun. I hope you get to read it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment