Saturday, April 22, 2017

R.I.P. John Kopoulos, aka My grandfather

My grandfather just passed away. For those who remember from my Goodnight, Fuckers columns, he was my hero. He's been suffering for about two years, and now he has finally found the release of death. He hasn't been able to act on his own for he last few months. The last few days he has not been able to communicate. And now he's gone.


Everything good in me was put there by my grandfather. He was my only true father figure. I owe him everything good in me.


He passed away while I was taking a nap. My grandmother woke me up to tell me the bad news. I rushed downstairs to see him. His eyes were slightly open, but there was nothing in them. I sat by his side, holding his rapidly cooling his hand, staring into his blank eyes, hoping to see something of himself in them, never succeeding.


I hope that I lived up to your expectations. I love you forever and ever. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.


Goodnight, Gramps. I hope to see you again on the other side, if there is another side. Thank you for saving me from Hell.


1927-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment