Thursday, January 1, 2015

HEY FUCKERS #4: A NEW YEAR

Well, the sun has risen on 2015 (and is blinding me with pain, due to a hangover). I'm not one to reflect on a year gone by, mostly because they've all sucked worse than the last one, but I was actually kind of fond of 2014. It sucked for a lot of people, and it certainly started out on a sour note for me, what with my pancreas trying to kill me by not working and all. Because of my brush with death, I kind of figured that 2014 would simply be worse than 2013, thus following the trend.


But it ended on an awesome note. Things with my writing career picked up very quickly. A lot of publications came out with my work in them near the end of the year. Hell, I even did my first Kindle book, PAVLOV'S BITCHES, which seems to be doing pretty well. I'm also happy to say that I ended 2014 by selling yet another story. It's one I believed in a great deal. I thought it would sell immediately, but apparently I was wrong. I shopped it around for quite a while. I knew it was a good story, but no one else seemed to think so until I sold it yesterday.


Not only that, but things with my square job improved a great deal. When I first started working at that place, it was the best job I'd ever had. A few years ago, everything changed, and I started referring to my job as my Daily Eight Hours of Hate. But last month, I transferred to another department, and holy shit. I love my job again. I haven't talked to an asshole in three weeks. I haven't felt a single moment of hatred in that same amount of time. I have found inner peace.


So yeah. Unlike the previous years, I'm going to look at 2015 optimistically. I think things are going very well for me, personally. The world, on the other hand? Things have been pretty shitty. I'm tempted to say that the end is near, but the world mentality has always been like that. Everyone thinks the world is going to hell a little more every year, but I don't think that's accurate. It's kind of like how every generation thinks the next generation is made up of pussies. It's simply not true. The world is different, sure, but I don't think it's worse. It will always be on the same level of madness, it's just a different kind of madness.


Good luck, ye fuckers, in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment