Thursday, November 30, 2017

THE JOHN BRUNI MUSEUM OF MEDIOCRE (AT BEST) SHIT #31: THE TRUTH






[Remember the last time I posted a poem to the John BruniMuseum of Mediocre (at Best) Shit? This is the second time I fell for it. It’s even more embarrassing than the first. I think I might be deranged and masochistic for letting you all see this. But hey! At least I didn’t order the cards this time . . . From America at the Millennium, from the year 2000.]


[Sorry. One more thing. Out of curiosity, I looked up the book’s cover for the graphic you see above. This is ridiculous, but Amazon actually has a copy of this fucking thing. AND IT’S SELLING FOR NEARLY A HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS. Even crazier, it has a 5-star rating. Then I went to the reviews, and it would seem that the authors of these poems wrote the reviews in a revolting attempt at auto-fellatio. I am absolutely horrified by this. But at least I wasn’t the only sucker. That counts for something, I guess.]


Have no fear,
The End is here!
Bring tons of beer!
We’ll spread lots of cheer!
You’re not there?
That’s hardly fair,
Quite depressing.
I was repressing
The Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment