Tuesday, April 27, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #339: HIGH

 Welcome to the first ever GF column that I've written while under the influence of cannabis and cannabis alone. Yes, as I type this dispatch from the trenches, I am high as a motherfucker. I haven't had a single drink of booze. No other drugs. JUST CANNABIS.


I like it so far. I mean, I've only written one paragraph so far, but I think this is going well. It feels like I'm drunk but also really sleepy, too. And I feel certain that when I wake up tomorrow I'm going to feel bloated because of all the food I had today including a bunch of majestic beef jerky. I also feel confident that I can fall immediately asleep after I post this. Couldn't always say that with the booze, even. Hell, I might even be refreshed when I get up for work. That'll be a novel feeling.


I've noticed that I have short term memory loss while on cannabis, so I was kind of wondering if I'd be able to string together reasonably coherent sentences. I thought I might not be able to do this at all. Who knows? Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and this will have been written in an inside out screaming cursive. Wait, what am I saying? I'm babbling. That could cause some future GF problems here. No matter how drunk I got, I was able to write reasonably well. But what if I can't do that while high?


I am struggling to keep a train of thought, but I keep departing on other tracks every other word. Either I'll quit the GF columns for a while ("Again?" I hear you ask), or things are gonna get really weird and meandering around here.


I guess I'll read this tomorrow and then figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment