Tuesday, November 30, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #431: HOUSE 2: THE SECOND STORY


 

So the other day I had some time to kill, and Ty Franck mentioned a movie on Ty and That Guy that sounded right up my alley. It was something akin to a slasher movie where no one dies, but I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me. All I knew was that it was on Shudder. Well, I have Shudder. Let's see if I can find it.


Nope. No luck. But while flipping through movies I saw an old favorite. That's right. House 2: The Second Story. (The first House movie was fucking awesome. The fourth? Ehhhhhh, let's forget about that one. For many years I thought they just skipped three, but when I was in Ireland back in 2000, I found it in a video store over there. I believe I rented it and thought it blew, but that might be the Mandela Effect. I've discovered this phenomenon has been working pretty heavily on me as of late.)


So why not watch this one again? It's been probably 15 years. Let's see if it holds up.


Long story short: It does. And I forgot what a massive influence it was on me from when I saw it as a child. It's a weird western tale, and I love those. Love writing 'em, too. It's batshit crazy, and I'm a huge fan of that kind of thing. It's got Royal Dano in there and holy shit, is that Bill Maher?! Yes it is. Once again playing an asshole. (Probably not acting, either.)


And that shit with Cliff from Cheers? Goddam, I forgot how much ridiculous pulp action fun that was! Why did they not make any more movies about the electrician adventurer? I would have watched more than a dozen movies about his adventures alone.


It felt good to go through this one again. If you've never seen it, and you have Shudder, what are you doing reading this? Go watch it. And if you've seen it, go ahead. Watch it again. Doctor's orders.




































Bill Motherfucking Towner!


No comments:

Post a Comment