Thursday, June 30, 2011

COOL SHIT 6-30-11


THE WALKING DEAD #86:  Just one book this week, folks.  I almost didn’t mention TWD this time because it was kind of a let-down for me in several ways.  First of all, the cover lifted my hopes that we were finally going to find out more about Michonne’s past.  Sad to say, we got nothing.  Secondly, this was just more of what we got in last issue, meaning Rick is giving pep talks while hoping that Carl survives being shot in the head.  It works, I guess, but we’ve reached one of those points between story arcs when things get really slow.  Before I tell you why I decided to bring this issue up, I want to make it clear that there are no spoilers to be given away in this issue.  Nothing happens.  That said, I want to bring your attention to the last panel in the book, where Rick smiles and says, “This is going to work.”  You know what that reminds me of?  Every time, in PREACHER, when Arseface says, “Everything’s going to be okay!”  And bad shit always went down after he said that . . . .  Something tells me the next story arc is going to be fucking crazy.  Crazier than “
No Way
Out.”  And that’s saying something.


No comments:

Post a Comment