Wednesday, January 10, 2018

THE JOHN BRUNI MUSEUM OF MEDIOCRE (AT BEST) SHIT #46: LETTER TO SHROUD #2






[I fucking loved SHROUD when it first came out. I was so happy to get a letter into issue two. I even got a story published in it once, and it’s one of my favorites of my own work. It barely missed the cut for inclusion in TALES OF QUESTIONABLE TASTE. I think if I do another collection, it will certainly go in there. Sadly the magazine has shut its doors. It really was a great publication. Funnily enough, you can actually read this letter on Amazon when you “look inside.”]


Tim,


I just wanted to let you know, I finished issue one of SHROUD about three minutes ago, and you have a hell of a magazine on your hands! Of course, I’d say that about any magazine with Tom Piccirilli in it (to say nothing of the interview with Brian Keene), but as fantastic as “Circling” was, I liked Michael Laimo’s “Layover” better. I also enjoyed the article about Burke and Hare (a favorite subject of mine) and Indio’s “Lobotomy Screen” is a ghastly work of art.


So, uh . . . [scratch my arm and jitter] when’s issue two coming out?


--John Bruni


[If you were wondering about the story they published, the cover is below. It’s not on Amazon, but if you can find it, it’s worth the while.]



No comments:

Post a Comment