Wednesday, December 12, 2018

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #281: SWEAT

This is the conclusion of my third day without booze. I have yet to get a decent night's sleep. I'm tired all the time. My blood sugar is down, and my blood pressure no longer makes my eyeballs pulse, but holy shit. I thought it would help with my sweating. I sweat a lot, so I have a lot of fans around me, even in winter. I become a flop sweater when I'm drinking. I figured without that, my sweating would get better.


It has gotten worse. I'm hot on my train in the morning. I sweat before I leave for work. When I'm twisting and turning while trying to sleep, I sweat. My balls sweat in bed, and that doesn't happen when I'm drinking. What the fuck?


I have an inch of that Canadian rotgut I drink when I don't have much money. I have an inch of Wild Turkey 101. I have two bottles of wine and several airplane bottles. I have access to beer. I can't afford to buy anything, but it is taking all of my willpower to not drink right now. My body has to acclimate, right? At some point I've got to get a good sweatless night of sleep, right?


I decided that if this doesn't happen by the end of the week, I'm going to drink everything. EVERYTHING. And it will be wonderful. I'd rather fight a hangover than insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment