Tuesday, September 21, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #404: NOT FOUND


 

Yeah, technically this isn't a real Goodnight, Fuckers. I write and post these before I go to bed, but I'm not going to bed after I post this one. I had an excellent idea for a pleasantly thoughtful column tonight, but that has been superseded by bullshit.


I can't talk about said bullshit. Even if I could, it would be of interest only to those in the same industry as me, auto glass. And even then, they probably wouldn't want to hear it, either.


Something pissed me off today, and it's been a long time since something got through to me this badly. Usually when I leave the office, I don't think about it until I have to be up the next morning. But this bad, demoralizing experience continues to haunt me. I couldn't enjoy listening to music on the way home. I couldn't concentrate enough to read or do any of the things I usually do when I get home.


So instead of reading my musings on a particular episode of Lucifer, tonight you're reading this (unless you saw the image above on the link and decided not to click on it, which would be funny). As for me, I'm unplugging from the world to scrape this horror from my memory.


The sad thing is, when I get into the office tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have to relive the whole fucking thing. The day was actually a good day, but it was that last call of the shift. The one where I figured I could get through the next five minutes so I could get out of there. The one that made me stay almost 45 minutes late. It was so grim that I'm still pissed off right now.


So yeah. Radio silence for the rest of the night. Goodnight and . . .




























If you recognize this, then you know the rest of the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment