Friday, May 28, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #361: THE ANARCHIST COOKBOOK


 

When I was a kid in college, I picked up a copy of this book. Not because I planned to use it for nefarious purposes, but because I like to know things. A lot of shit in here teaches survival tactics, and you can't depend on society to continue existing as it does. It always pays to be prepared. It's the same reason I bought a set of lock picks. It could come in handy someday. I'll grant you, I suck at picking locks, but at least I have the tools and instructions to help me find my own ass in the dark.


Fast forward to a little while ago. One of my brothers came to town and was staying with his mom, my stepmom, so I made the trek out to them and hung out for a while. My stepmom offered me some of Dad's books, and I was kind of surprised to see the following book among them.




My father was always a subversive guy, but I never thought he'd have this one. So naturally I took it for my own. There are important lessons in this book. For example, there are lessons on panhandling and hitchhiking. If you think you're too good to know this shit, then you have too much faith in good luck. Or maybe you've never had it bad in your life, and you don't know that becoming homeless is a very real possibility for you.


Remember: "The future's uncertain and the end is always near." It might never happen, but just in case, you might want to get familiar with cannibalism . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment