Monday, July 31, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #716: PAGE NUMBERS


 

In one way I'm lucky. In another way I'm not. To address the first, 99.9% of the people who read my books love them. To address the second, not a lot of people pick up my books. So not a lot of people have read my new book, Trail of Blood, but those who have love the shit out of it.


But everyone who read the book has one complaint, and it's the same for everyone. They all ask, "Where are the page numbers?"


I have a thing about page numbers. I don't want readers looking at them, wondering how much longer they have to go before the chapter is done. Or the book is done. If they're asking that question, then I'm not doing my job well enough.


So when I put together my first print book on my own (with only Luke Spooner's help for the cover art), I decided to not number the pages. Wow, did that backfire on me. Okay, okay, I hear you. The next book I do all on my own will have the fucking page numbers. Jesus God in Tromaville.


I'm not going back to add the numbers to this one. I already went through three hells getting that book out into the world. But for the others forthcoming? Yeah, yeah. You'll get your page numbers.


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment