Tuesday, September 5, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #742: EMOTIONAL SCENES IN MOVIES AND TV

 I'm a little short on time tonight. Today was a busy day at work, which means I talked to more people than usual. The more people I talk to, the higher my odds are of talking to difficult people. And I talked to a lot of difficult people today. I'd rather not think about it all that much.


Instead, I have a question. Why are actors in intense emotional scenes always out of breath? I've thought back over all the intense emotional moments in my life, and I was rarely, if ever, out of breath, even if I was in a shouting match with someone. Why do movies and TV shows do this? Are the words not enough? Or is it some kind of a Nic Cage-ish mega-acting thing?


I'll bet you've never noticed this before. No one seems to know what I'm talking about, and when I tried Googling such scenes, the internet was not very cooperative, so I don't have examples. It's probably too late tonight, but the next time you watch something, keep an eye out for these kinds of scenes. And check if the actors are out of breath. I'll bet they are.


This is just something I've been thinking about for a few months, and I can't think why people would do this. Have you ever been panting, out of breath, during such a moment in your life? When you're arguing with someone, do you need to catch your breath like you just ran a mile in five minutes? But you need to keep talking or you'll lose the argument or maybe not prove your point?


Just think about it. Take two morphine pills and call me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment