Tuesday, January 23, 2024

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #794: GASTROPARESIS

 Last night, at around 9-ish at night, I started puking again. It was yet another wretched, painful, sickening bout, and it sent me back to the ER. I'm still not all that great, so I'm going to keep this short. But finally an ER doctor might have figured out what the issue is.


Gastroparesis is a condition some diabetics suffer from that causes their stomachs to empty a lot slower than other people's. I already know my insides work at a quarter of the speed of everyone else's, so this makes a lot of sense to me. No other ER doctor has thought to even mention it to me. I have an appointment with my gastroenterologist, and I'm going to ask him about this. But I poked around online a little, and one of the warning signs is "satiety." Which would explain why, just before I have an episode, any food I eat tastes extraordinarily good, better than it should, and always leaves me satisfied and happy.


I looked at what I can do about it, but I think I'll wait until I get the good word from my gastro doc. I'll let you know when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment