Tuesday, April 18, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #657: BUSY SEASON

 The end of March and the beginning of April is supposed to be busy season in my line of work. People who need glass replaced on their cars don't like to get it done in the winter, and when spring comes, they crowd our phones looking to get scheduled. When busy season starts, that's when commission payments go through the roof for us.


Except the last three weeks have been kind of slow. That's unnerving, especially since I'm going to need those bonus checks now more than ever, what with the new car and the looming threat of moving soon. That extra money is going to be very important, and since things are going super slow right now, I'm starting to worry.


During busy season our phones ring nonstop. If, for some unholy reason, they stop ringing, that's when we start calling out. The only slow time during busy season is supposed to be on weekends. Except I'm starting to see Mondays, in theory our busiest day of the week, slowing to a crawl.


I always make my quota. I haven't missed a bonus check since the last time I was on short term disability back in August. But making it has been more difficult of late than it should be. Regularly, during busy season, I make 20 sales every Monday, maybe 15 on Tuesdays, about 17 on Wednesdays, perhaps 11 on Fridays and usually 10 on Saturdays. I'm supposed to get 10 a day. I'm lucky if I get 13 on each of those days during slow season, and Saturdays I fall short sometimes.


If this keeps up, it might be time to get familiar with cannibalism. But today picked up a good deal. I made 24 sales today, which I feel pretty good about. I barely had any time to call out today, so maybe I'm worrying over nothing. People are always going to need auto glass, right?


Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment