Thursday, March 10, 2011

COOL SHIT 3-10-11

I swear, I will not talk about the new issue of THE WALKING DEAD. Enough is enough. You guys know I love the shit out of the book, so . . . .




CINDERELLA: FABLES ARE FOREVER #2: The last issue I could take or leave, but this one kicks it up a notch. Let’s face it, who would ever think that international Fable spy Cinderella’s arch-nemesis would be Oz’s own Dorothy Gale, pigtails and all? The sucky thing is, most of this story is told in flashbacks. This happens so often that I forgot what the actual story is. Still, this is Dorothy as you’ve never seen her before. And who would have thought she’d be a villain? Jesus fuckin’ Christ.



JENNIFER BLOOD #2: What can I say? I just can’t get enough of Garth Ennis’ ass-kicking housewife. This one starts out with just about the funniest parody of TITANIC ever (see above). As I read about this guy (Jennifer’s next uncle/target), I couldn’t help but think of Saddam Hopper from PREACHER: GOOD OL’ BOYS. We’re still in the dark as to why Jennifer is doing these things, and to complicate the whole scene, she now has to deal with a lecherous neighbor.

1 comment:

  1. Still, this is Dorothy as you’ve never seen her before.

    Not even in Alan Moore's Lost Girls?

    ORNK ORNK ORNK ORNK

    ReplyDelete