Thursday, December 29, 2011

THE DUI DIARY: Chapter Twenty-Three

What a boring day in court. This was probably the worst so far. Yet somehow, it was the most crowded. Weird. Also, there were a lot of super-super young women in court today. One of ‘em wore pigtails, I shit you not. She practically had a lollipop in her mouth as she danced her way up to see the judge.



Oh, the judge. Right. Last minute emergency, but the judge was called away. I wondered how that would affect my case. The worst part, though, was the fact that this new judge was TOO SOFT SPOKEN. I couldn’t hear a fucking word she said to anyone, so I don’t know what any of the cases were about.


I gave up quickly, turning to my book for solace. (It was so crowded, I felt it was safe to read without getting noticed.) Dominick Dunne’s THE LIMBO OF MANSIONS. Weird title, decent collection of articles. I’m supposedly related to the guy through my father’s mother’s side of the family (they’re all Dunnes). Not bad. It’s got some bite to it without being judgmental.


Anyway, by the time they finally called my case, it was continued for the day. There was just too much shit to go through, so the new judge didn’t want to go through the hassle. Instead, she continued it another month (after making sure that Ferguson would be back by then).


Fun, eh? I hope the DUI Diary is everything you hoped it would be. Did I mention that I’d just had my gall bladder taken out this week? It would have been nice to skip this court date, seeing as how it was pointless anyway. Did I mention that it feels like I’m recovering from a gut-shot wound? No? Well, I am. And it makes me fucking miserable.

More in a month, I’m sure . . . .


TO BE CONTINUED ON TUESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment