Thursday, March 1, 2012

COOL SHIT 3-1-12


SPACEMAN #4: I swear, Brian Azzarello is doing a lot of really cool stuff with language in this book. Unlike things like A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, this lexicon actually makes sense and might even be the direction in which our own language is going. At the same time, he manages to give us an excellent crime story, just as we expect. As Orson makes yet another bad decision for a good cause, we know where everything is headed, and it’s not good for our protagonist. The other spacemen make their appearance in the modern timeline in this issue, and they seem pretty brutish to me. I can’t wait to see how this all turns out.




G.I. JOE: RETALIATION #2: A lot of awesome shit happens in this book, but the real star is, of course, Roadblock. We get a peek at his childhood and find out why he is the way he is. More to the point, Mainframe was the reason he enlisted in the first place, hence his reaction to Hawk in last issue, when he wasn’t allowed to rescue him. Too bad for Mainframe; he’s found dead in this issue. It’s weird to have so many different G.I. Joe continuums. In the regular book, Mainframe’s a pretty important character, and Roadblock is pretty low key. Like I said last time, this book is so cool I have high hopes for the new G.I. Joe movie coming out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment