Friday, December 15, 2017

THE JOHN BRUNI MUSEUM OF MEDIOCRE (AT BEST) SHIT #40: LETTER TO DETECTIVE MYSTERY STORIES JAN. '04






[When I saw “Hold-Up Man” in fine company, I felt the urge to write to Tom and Ginger, who ran Detective Mystery Stories. I actually didn’t think it would end up published in their letters column, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw this letter there. It wouldn’t be the last time, either. From the January 2004 issue.]


Dear Tom and Ginger,

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for publishing my story, “Hold-Up Man,” in DMS. I’m very happy with the way it looks, and I hope your readers are happy with it, too.

Also, I was pleased to see my story surrounded by excellent stories, thus far the best batch I’ve seen in DMS. I find it difficult to determine favorites from #42. After much deliberation, I’d say the best were “Fake Eyes” and “The House at the End of the Road.”

No comments:

Post a Comment