Tuesday, February 11, 2020

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #293: AND NOW THE FUN BEGINS

I have been without medical insurance since the start of the month. Which is good because I still had it when I went to the hospital for more than half a month, and I'd really not like to be stuck with that awful bill in total. But it sucks because now my medications are running out.


The first to go is going to be Paxil. I have three left. I'm told it's one of those drugs you have to be weaned off of. So yeah. And now the fun begins. I figure I'll space out those last three pills before I take the last one. Maybe that will help. Thankfully I got most of my refills before Jan. 31, so I got a while to go on those, but Paxil is going out the door soon. Unless I can find a new job with medical insurance.


Kids, don't be like me. Get a for-real job. Something that pays at least $50K/year and gives you all the benefits. Don't just get a whatever job that's like that but you only settle for $32.5K/year, one that acts as a day job because by night you're a writer. If you get that for-real job, DON'T LET GO OF IT. Do your absolute best to be whatever the evil corporation wants you to be. You can talk shit about it all you want when you get to retire with the full package.


I wonder if I'll ever get to retire to a full lifestyle of writing and only writing. That would be so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment