Thursday, February 13, 2020

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #295: WAKING UP TOO EARLY

I don't know what's going on, but the last two nights in a row I woke up waaaaaay too early, feeling very hungry and very weak.I have a few theories, two of which I'm testing out tonight. I think it's low blood sugar, which is highly unusual for me. My sugars are always high. Yet . . .


The hungry part. Am I eating dinner too early in the evening? I don't think so, but I'm very hungry upon waking up at, say, four in the morning. Tonight I ate a late dinner. Really late. Like, I just finished eating before writing this GF entry. I can't possibly wake up early with hunger, can I?


The weak part. I've been giving myself some pretty big insulin doses because I've been drinking a lot of Coke, which yes, I know, a diabetic like me shouldn't be doing in the first place. I'm trying to quit, but so far I haven't been able to. Am I giving myself insulin doses that are too big for just before bed? I intend to lower the dose and see what happens. I hope that doesn't result in a sugar score of 200 when I wake up at the regular time tomorrow.


Ah fuck. It's got to be one or both of these things. If I wake up too early again, I'm going to be angry with myself. It means that I go back to sleep and don't wake up until three in the afternoon, completely wasting my morning and early afternoon. This has got to work, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment