Wednesday, July 14, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #382: A VACATION FROM MYSELF

Last week I took a vacation from myself. Sometimes you need a break from being you all the time. I still read and watched my shows, but aside from that I did nothing else. I didn't even write. I would get home from work, do some reading, jerk off and maybe, just maybe, check emails. But not if it was too taxing. It was very relaxing. But I can't keep that sort of thing up. Time to get back to business as usual. Plus I got a lot of shit to do. Work backed up quite a bit, and that's OK. But it's time to start cleaning up the projects that have been sitting fallow. My splatter SF and splatter western novels, for example, have made the rounds and were roundly rejected. As I expected. That's fine. It frees me up to tell these stories the way I want to tell them as described in a previous GF column. Plus I have to get off the ground with a few other projects that have been kicking around in my head, and God help me, I have a new Zimventure to write that will probably torment me for the two or three weeks it'll take me to write. So all right. It's time to get back into the game. It's time to stomp the fucking terra. Our regularly scheduled programming is now returning. Pucker yer buttholes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment