Thursday, July 22, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #385: DEMON KNIGHT


 

It's good to see so many of you posting about Demon Knight, the best of all four Tales from the Crypt movies.


(Four? Yes, four. The first from 1972. Then Demon Knight. Then Bordello of Blood. And lastly Ritual. No, I don't count the old Vault of Horror movie. And we probably shouldn't count Ritual. It's barely Crypt-worthy.)


Seeing all of you wonderful darlings showing love for this flick brings joy to my heart. But it also brings back my biggest quandary of this movie. What the fuck does that title mean? Is the Demon Knight Billy Zane's character? Meaning, a knight who is a demon? Or is it William Sadler's character? Meaning a knight who hunts demons? This has bothered me for decades. Does anyone have a theory?


Yes, I'm high. But when the question first occurred to me (on the way home from the theater), I was not on any drug, be it cannabis or alcohol. So maybe I'm just stupid. I don't know. Is this a valid question? The argument states that there are no stupid questions, but in my life I've determined that there are, indeed, stupid questions. Most of them come from Tucker Carlson these days. "Hey, I'm only asking questions!" Fuck you.


Okay, that turn came as a surprise. Did I say I was high? And when I'm high I find it difficult to string two thoughts together?


Am I rambling? I think I'm rambling. Time to end this.

No comments:

Post a Comment