Tuesday, October 3, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #752: SOUNDS FROM 290

 I live by the viaduct between Elmhurst and Berkeley. That's where 290 and 294 pass through. For most of my life there has been a wall up between the expressways and the residential area over here. But not too long ago a construction company tore down those walls and started tearing down the viaduct, too.


They're rebuilding the expressways and changing them so I don't even recognize them, but because that wall is gone, I can hear all the fucking traffic over there. If some asshole decides to gun his muscle car thinking he's Vin Diesel or some such at 3 am, then that fucking sound is going to wake me up. Goddammit. And I can hear him (it is almost assuredly a him) for about a minute after, too. Piece of shit.


I can only assume they're building the walls again. That would be nice because I haven't gotten very good sleep in a while. The first three hours are pretty solid because I'm usually high, but by the time the cannabis wears off, it's not even close to dawn. And I hear all sorts of dickheads revving their engines. Or cop cars chasing said dickheads with their sirens on at full force.


I thought the worst of this construction would be the inconvenience of driving through it between Elmhurst and Berkeley, but nope. Even with my windows closed and the AC on, I can hear just about everything that happens on 290, which is the closest of the two.


I can't wait for that shit to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment