Thursday, September 2, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #398: ARE YOU SIRIUS?

 I got my car back today. Looks prettier than ever. I know it's common to name a car after a woman, but this one's name is the Dude. There's a lot of years on him, and he likes to take it real easy. He's also a hybrid, so he's thinking environmentally. But that's just, like, my opinion, man. The Dude looks better than ever now.


I've been driving a rental for the past week or so. It was a nice vehicle, but it just wasn't the same. The one thing that I really enjoyed about it, though, was the Sirius/XM radio. I missed listening to Sirius/XM. It's usually where I get the newest music, and for the past few months I've been driving a vehicle where my only options are terrestrial radio (and that's just a bummer) or CDs. So I've been wearing my CDs down on all my trips until the front of my car fell off.


I really enjoyed getting back to satellite radio. I usually listen to Octane, Lithium, Liquid Metal, Ozzy's Boneyard and a few others. It was nice to check in once again. I found it very enjoyable, even the bands that I don't particularly care for.


So if this horrible nightmare was worth something, it was that. I'll miss satellite again for a while.


My plan is to get a new car probably next year. Hopefully next year. I'm saving up for a giant down payment because I'm bankrupt, so no one is going to want to set me up with a car loan. That's one of the reasons I had to buy the Dude in the first place. I had $8K as my budget at the time, payment from my insurance for my totaled car, and I came in under at the used car dealership.


I know I'm not going to get a top of the line new car when I have the money. But I'm going to get a new car, not used. I'm shooting for a model that's been on the lot for a couple of years and the dealer wants to get rid of it to make room for newer vehicles. When I get that car, which will probably be a Honda Civic, I hope that it has a Sirius/XM radio in there.


I'm not going to retire the CDs, but it'll be nice to let them have a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment