Thursday, September 9, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #401: VILLA PARK'S SLEAZE STRIP

So if you head west down North Ave. from Rt. 83, you'll reach a block that is probably ground zero of all crime in the suburbs, and it's about to get grimier.


You'll see Strat's, which looks like a very nice place, and it is. They have a decent burger, and the decor is straight out of the 'Fifties. But they have these car shows where macho bullshit reigns supreme. Every youth with a hotrod thinks he's James Dean on PCP, so they get a lot of fights there. They sometimes got so bad that Strat's stopped serving beer, hoping to cut down on the violence. It worked. A little. I remember being there for one of them, and when all the cops showed up, it made me very nervous about having a flask on me. Luckily for me my driver's license was suspended at the time because I didn't blow when arrested for DUI (and years after I got my license back, I was found not guilty). As such, I'd taken a taxi, so I got the fuck out of Dodge while the gettin' was good.


Then you'll see the OTB bar. Because gambling and alcohol go so well together, as anyone who has been to Vegas will attest. I haven't gone in there often, but when I have been there, there has been violence.


And then my favorite place on this sleaze strip: the best no-tell in the area, the Brer Rabbit Motel. I cannot tell you how many sordid nights I spent in this place, usually drunk and covered in the stink of sex. If you're looking for drugs or prostitutes, this is the place for you. If you get to your room after registering without someone asking if you want crack or meth, you probably look like a cop.



And you know what? I'll up the ante on this place. I'm sure many people have died there, through their own excesses or someone else's taste for death, but I know for sure that at least one murder happened there. It was a while back, and I'm too lazy and high to look up names right now, but there were a couple of guys who used to live there. They liked to dig up corpses and fuck them and leave them dismembered somewhere. Then they moved on to the living. They kidnapped a young woman and brought her to this motel, where they raped and tortured and killed her. If memory serves correctly, they dumped the body out behind the place. One grim detail remains prominent in my mind, though. They cut off one of her breasts and played Soggy Biscuit with it. If you don't know what that game is, it's when a bunch of dudes get together and jerk off onto a biscuit (UK) or cookie (US) or some kind of food. Whoever cums on it last has to eat it.


How's that for a fuckin' image? I hope you weren't eating anything while reading this one tonight. Reader discretion is advised . . .


But now there's a new addition to this sleaze strip. I just noticed it today. It's not open yet, and I think it is a tremendously horrible idea to open this place at that specific location.


The new business? A gun range. I'm not sure if they sell guns, too, but I'll bet they do.


Yeah, things have always been weird on that block between Villa and Ardmore, and I suspect it's going to get a lot weirder soon.
















































































"I don't know how many years on this earth I have left, but I'm gonna get real weird with it."


No comments:

Post a Comment