Friday, October 18, 2024

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #929: NOTE TO SELF


 

This is going to be more of a note to self than a GF, but I'm putting this here for a reason.


Once upon a time I went to Washington, DC. I was a kid, so I didn't really benefit from it. Some parts looked really cool, but as a city it was kinda run down. I remember seeing the Heart of Dar . . . er, the White House from outside the gate. We were going to take a tour, but they shut down for the day for some reason I no longer recall. (I'm almost certain Reagan was in the White House at the time, but I could be misremembering. It could have been Bush I, but I don't think so.) I also went to the top of the Washington Monument, which was pretty cool. I saw the Jefferson Memorial from afar, and I wanted to see the Lincoln Memorial, but we didn't have the time. Ditto for Arlington.


I've never really cared to go back to Washington, but you never know what the future brings. And here's where you come in.



Now that I know which cemetery Gore Vidal is in, I'd kind of like to see it someday. So on the off chance that I wind up in Washington, and on the off chance that I forget to look Vidal up, I'm going to need someone to remind me of this GF. Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment