Wednesday, June 19, 2013

C2E2 2013: MEETING ANDY DIGGLE



Oh, I could slap the shit out of myself!  What the fuck is wrong with me?  I’d heard Andy Diggle was going to be at C2E2 this year, and I made sure that I retrieved my copy of SNAPSHOT #1, which I reviewed earlier this year.  Then, after I’d gotten the chance to meet him, and ONLY THEN, did I remember that he had a run on HELLBLAZER.  Fuck my stupidity!  I could have brought some issues of HELLBLAZER for him to sign!  Argh!



And here’s the thing:  sometime between packing up for C2E2 and actually getting there, I lost my copy of SNAPSHOT.  Couldn’t find it.  All weekend up until the moment I met him on Sunday, I wanted to slam my stupid head against the wall, and that was before my HELLBLAZER revelation.




Anyway, I saw that he had a few issues of SNAPSHOT for sale at his Artists Alley table, so I thought I’d approach him and buy a new copy.  He was really nice about it.  I told him about my own idiocy, and he even offered to give me the book for free to make up for it.  That was an incredibly nice thing for him to do, but I didn’t want my stupidity to be rewarded, so I forked over the three bucks, and he signed it for me.  He was nicer to me than I deserved, but I’m incredibly grateful to him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment