Monday, June 17, 2013

C2E2 2013: MEETING J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI



There’s not much I can say about meeting J. Michael Straczynski.  I got to see him for about ten seconds.  He wanted to keep his line moving as quickly as possible, so he put a 5 item limit on everyone.  That’s cool, it happens.  Nothing to get upset about.



But Straczynski clearly did not want to be there.  I don’t want to call him an asshole, because he wasn’t, but unfriendly would seem a fair assessment.  It was kind of weird, because he wasn’t even at the convention for all that long.  His table was bare except for two times during the whole weekend, and those were the only two times he was actually there.




I enjoy his work.  His BEFORE WATCHMEN stuff wasn’t the best of the series, but it wasn’t the worst.  I told him MOLOCH had been my favorite of his work on the series, and he coldly thanked me for it.  He at least tried to smile, so I can’t fault him all that much.  Maybe he was having a bad day.  It happens.  He’s far from the most unfriendliest creator I’ve ever met at a convention.  (If you want to know the name of THAT person, I’ll tell you off the record.)

No comments:

Post a Comment