Thursday, October 6, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #538: THE NEW BLUE OYSTER CULT ALBUM


 

I've been a longtime fan of Blue Oyster Cult. I have some of their albums on vinyl originally given to me from my mom and dad's collections. And I've loved the fact that they keep making new albums, but they kind of fell off about 20-ish years ago. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they released a new album in 2020!


And it fucking rocks. Their tastes have not changed over the years. I love that they're still singing horror songs like "Tainted Blood." "The Alchemist" also scratches that horror itch. They look kind of frail in "That Was Me," but they sound tough as hell. And it's good to see they've embraced the cowbell. I miss Buck Dharma's mustache, though. And, uh, does he have a Swiss cheese guitar?!


"Florida Man" is actually kind of mournful, which I didn't expect, but I dig it. And I very much enjoyed "Fight," the last song on the album. If this is their last song, I think it's a perfect one to go out on.


It's good to see they're still putting music out, and that it's up to par. But if you're not interested in that kind of thing, you can always lean on the classics. Ever see this video?

No comments:

Post a Comment