Monday, May 6, 2013

C2E2 2013: MEETING NATALIE DORMER



First of all, a confession:  I just got into GAME OF THRONES.  I know Natalie Dormer was here to promote that show, but I simply haven’t gotten that far in the series to where she has appeared onscreen.  I only just finished the first season.  That said, I’m a huge fan of THE TUDORS, on which she played Anne Boleyn, one of the many unfortunate wives of King Henry VIII.

When I stood in line to meet her, the first thing I noticed was that she is exactly as beautiful in real life as she is on a two-dimensional screen.  Sometimes, when you meet an actress, you notice that she’s only beautiful from one angle (and the director knows exactly how to shoot her), but not Dormer.

The second thing I noticed was how much time she dedicated to all of her fans.  It cost $40 to meet her, and she made sure they got their money’s worth.  No one was rushed away.  She made sure to spend a bit of time with each person, to chat for a while, to just sort of hang out, which was very cool.

When I got up to the table, I made my GAME OF THRONES confession to her, but then we spent about five minutes just hanging out, talking about THE TUDORS.  Since the entire show is written by one guy (Michael Hirst), there is a lot of cohesion to the plot.  We discussed the merits of having a TV show written like that versus a show written by a roomful of writers, and we definitely sided with the Hirst method.  We also talked about how THE TUDORS had the most beautiful ending to a series ever.  She is very proud of her work on that show, and I am very glad that I met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment