Saturday, November 29, 2014

NEO-NAZISPLOITATION




See this picture? I found it while cleaning out my desk. I'd forgotten about it, mostly because of the unusual nature of how it came to me.


A few years ago, I'd written a story for VAMPIRES 2, and those guys also publish MAN'S STORY 2. They liked me enough to ask if I would like to write a story based on an illustration for MS2. It's the only time anyone has ever asked me for a story like that. Plus, they paid me, so that's always good.. The sent me this picture to base my story on. They wound up publishing "A Perfect Specimen" in their magazine.


The issue is no longer available, but it is interesting as a curiosity. I don't think I'd ever write a story in such a fashion ever again. It felt kind of weird doing that, anyway.


In related news, it would appear that I've reached the point in my writing career when I don't remember my own credits. Is that a good sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment