Thursday, July 27, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #714: I WANT TO BELIEVE



 I'm a sucker for aliens, and seeing as how UFOs (or whatever they're calling them these days) are big in the news right now, it's kind of cool being me for a little bit. For the record, I do believe in aliens. As to whether or not they've visited us? I'm up in the air on that. I'm pretty sure they haven't. But it's starting to look like I might have been wrong about that last part.


My favorite podcast, hands down, is Hardcore History, and I get Dan Carlin's Substack. In the most recent one he talks about aliens. It's a weird topic for him if you've listened to as many HH episodes as I have. And it took me a while for me to realize why he was talking about aliens and UFOs, etc. And it really blew my mind because I'd never thought about it like that before. Here's the passage I'm talking about:


For me, I have my own pet hope if the big alien reveal happens in my lifetime. If extraterrestrial life is real, and if it has indeed been visiting our planet for a very long time, they likely are going to know more about our history than we do. They might have the equivalent of photos, or hi-definition videos of major planetary events. Their “History of the Earth” files would answer questions about our past that we didn't even know to ask. They might even have the capabilities that would allow us to travel back and see the long-gone people and events from centuries or millennia ago. Of course this sounds like the most ridiculous, crazy science fiction fantasy imaginable. Which is why it might blow our minds if in the near future it wasn't science fiction anymore.


HOLY SHIT! The thought that aliens might have footage of our history that WE don't even have makes me feel like this guy right now:


Dammit, Oppenheimer! Not again!


What if the aliens were there on the day Jesus got crucified AND they have video of it? What would you give for hi-def video of the CIVIL FUCKING WAR?! I'm positive aliens did not build the pyramids. I totally believe that slaves did that. But what if aliens have the proof of that?


Please let this be true. I need this to be true. And please let us find out about it before I die. I beg of you, world.


Of course, that's assuming that the aliens aren't interested in doing us like ID4 and Mars Attacks. But even if they do, I might find some comfort in at least seeing a photograph of Aaron Burr before they blast me with their death rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment