Friday, November 11, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #564: OUT OF PRINT

When I changed my tactics in regards to promoting my work on social media, I noticed a few things. Naturally I always went to my own website for the links I post to Twitter and Facebook. There's just one problem.


More and more of my stuff is going out of print. It's the nature of the beast, of course, but I'm kind of surprised by how quickly those publications are vanishing.


Right now, as I write this, there is a bunch of stuff on my website that you can't buy anymore. It's irritating because it's not something I can fix then and there. I've been putting it off until I have enough time to do it properly. Time isn't my friend right now.


It could be worse. Imagine you're a writer, and you're going on the most popular podcast in the genre, and you will surely get a bump from this appearance, and when the interview starts, it's brought to your attention that your website has vanished.


That's what happened to me the second time I was on The Horror Show with Brian Keene. I tried to play it cool, but I went a little crazy in my head at that moment. I knew I wasn't behind on my payments. How the hell could it have happened?


I didn't get it resolved until I got back home, but I was fairly panicked in that moment. I was able to pull up the website itself, but all the different pages where the important stuff was, like links to where you can buy my books, had vanished. I don't recall what the issue was, as I was very drunk and angry when dealing with it, but I managed to get the issue resolved after a couple of nerve-rattling days.


I also remember during 2020, when I was at the worst point of my life, when I almost considered giving up on the website. That would have been sheer madness, but I found myself chipping away at the expenses until I had the bare minimum I needed to continue having that website. I was very, very close to not having any money at all. That would have truly sucked.


Maybe I'll have time to look at this on Sunday. I don't think I have anything going on then. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment