Friday, November 25, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #574: LOW KEY THANKSGIVING

 This was the first Thanksgiving without Grandma. As a result it didn't feel like much of a Thanksgiving. She really kind of held the family together.


My aunt usually comes visiting from North Carolina, but she moved out to East Moline and decided not to come. My cousin and her husband and kid usually showed up, but this year they probably stuck to their own. My brothers in Crystal Lake haven't stopped by for a holiday in years. It was just me and my brother this year, and he slept through most of the day. I was left to my own devices.


I actually slept pretty late, myself. I'm usually up and out of bed by eight on my days off, but I slept to almost ten yesterday. I treated it like it was any other day off and did my usual shit. I didn't even eat turkey, but I made myself an excellent batch of spaghetti and meatballs. I'm really fucking good at that, and they were delicious.


So I'm pretty sure the time of family holidays are over for me. That's all right, I guess. Although it doesn't bode well for Christmas. I'm sure that's going to be another bummer.


I did miss drinking my usual handle of Wild Turkey 101, though. It was a rare Friday that I woke up with any memory of Thanksgiving, but I always enjoyed what I remembered.


GGMF to all who celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment