Tuesday, November 1, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #556: ANOTHER TEST

 You know how I sometimes reference Emilio Estevez as Billy the Kid talking about how you have to test yourself every day? I tested myself big time on Saturday, and I'm glad to say that I pulled through. Honestly I didn't have any doubt that I would, but it's still pretty nice knowing that.


So every year (more or less) I go to this party thrown by two-thirds of the original Forced Viewing crew. You might remember I used to write for them once a month. Horror movie reviews. The site is long gone, but maybe you remember the Drudgeon. The other person I won't mention because this person left the site early, and I'm pretty sure this person would not want their name out there anymore. And even though the readership of Goodnight, Fuckers has fallen there are still a considerable number of you out there reading this shit.


Regardless, every year I'm drunk as a skunk at this thing, and this is my first sober year. It was my 106th day from my last drink, and I thought it would be pretty interesting to see everyone else get tanked. Sadly no one got out of control, so I didn't get to see something I'd ordinarily miss because I would have been the one out of control. But there was a lot of alcohol there. People were indeed getting drunk. And I just sat there and had my Caffeine Free Diet Coke from White Castle.


It didn't help that I had to work earlier that day and was exhausted. I'm surprised I made it to eleven that night. But it was nice driving home and not being paranoid about getting pulled over. Or even not remembering the drive home. It would have been funny if I died in a car wreck, anyway, although if that happens and I'm sober? God's gonna have a lot to answer for when I kick down the pearly gates.


I've been thinking of maybe reposting those Forced Viewing reviews. I already have for some of them, but maybe I should bring them all back? Eh, I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment