Friday, November 18, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #569: 37?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


 

Holy shit. I've been writing stories for 37 years. To give you some perspective, I'm 44 years old. That's right. I barely had enough of a conscious life before I decided that writing was what I wanted to do with my life. That's crazy.


I know it's been 37 years because my mom made me date my first story, and that goes back to this day in 1985. To give you an idea of how different the world was then, here is a list of things that happened in that year.


Calvin and Hobbes debuted.

Gorbachev became the leader of the USSR.

Coca-Cola introduced New Coke.

"We Are the World" happened.

Michael Jordan was the Rookie of the Year.

Nintendo was released in the US.


And if that's not enough, the price of gas was $1.09 per gallon. A house cost $22.1K. Monthly rent was $375.00. You could buy a brand new car for less than ten grand. And so on.


To quote a great man, "The world has moved on."

No comments:

Post a Comment