Thursday, November 17, 2022

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #568: HEALTH UPDATE

 I had two doctor visits today: one for my endocrinologist and one for my podiatrist. It was nice to get an update on how I've been doing, especially since it's my 125th day from booze.


My endocrinologist told me that my A1C is down! It was horrendous in March this year. A whopping 10. Not good. Now it's down to 7! It's getting to the point where I have low blood sugar incidents on occasion, which is fairly new to me. She wants to see if we can move away from insulin and stick to oral meds by the next appointment. It would be nice to stop stabbing myself four times a day.


My blood pressure is up, though. Not as bad as it was when I made ER doctors nervous but still. I'm sure my primary doctor is going to put my hypertension meds back up to a higher dosage when I see him next year.


The podiatrist is happy with the progress on the hole in my toe. It seems to be closing up, so maybe I won't lose this little piggy. He gets to keep eating his roast beef.


Now if only I can get this fucking tennis elbow to go away . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment