Tuesday, October 26, 2021

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #421: MORE COMPLAINTS FROM THE SUBURBAN PRAIRIE

 Every time you think I've forgotten about calling my hometown the Suburban Prairie, I feel the need to remind you that I don't forget these things, and as long as I'm alive, you're stuck with it.


Anyway, the complaints. The last of my medications ran out from the old (and much preferred) pharmacy. I'm stuck with CVS for as long as I have this job. Don't worry. I planned far ahead in advance. I have my new meds from CVS, as I learn from missteps of the past pretty well.


But the whole thing reminded me of the last time I went to the ER, which was after I learned of my forced transition to CVS. It turns out, going a few days without your meds is not good. For me, the result was a return of my stomach issues. Stomach, not pancreas. Yes, because of that madness, I wound up in the ER. If I'd gotten my meds just one day sooner, it could have been avoided, but what the fuck do I know, right?


So I got treated, and as per usual I got a few new meds to take. If this was back when I was with my previous pharmacy, all I had to do was head over there, and the fax is waiting for me there. They ask if I want to wait for it, and I always do. They say fifteen minutes. It's more like seven minutes. I take my meds and go home happy.


What happened this time? The fax was sent, sure, but unlike my favored pharmacy, CVS said, "It's not ready yet."


"I can wait for it," I said.


"We'll send you a text when it's ready."


"How long will that take?"


"It shouldn't take too long."


Yeah. That just fills me with confidence. When were my meds ready? About 45 minutes later. So maybe you can see where my discontent is coming from.


I am in kind of a mood to bitch tonight. I've entered the new phase of quitting caffeine. The first was not having any after lunch. The next was not having any after my morning Monster. This phase is only having that Monster every other day. Today was the first day without, and it kicked my ass. It usually takes a couple of days for the withdrawal headache to kick in, but this bastard wasn't fucking around with me this time. I call it Kreese because it struck first, struck hard and showed no mercy. My God, it crippled me during the second half of my workday.


These caffeine withdrawal headaches are nothing to fuck with. I remember going through it in the hospital once, when I was forbidden caffeine, and it cut through all the lovely morphine I was on at the time. Not even motherfucking morphine could stop the bastard.


So yeah, I caved. I got some caffeine as soon as I got out of work. Dammit, though. I need to do this. My blood pressure is so high that ER doctors lose a year of their own life just looking at it. These days caffeine and cheese are probably the chief contributors, and I ain't gonna cut the cheese out of my life. Caffeine's got to go.


So TL;DR: fuck CVS and John Kreese and caffeine withdrawals.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment