Tuesday, February 21, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #622: SHORTS

 You may have noticed that I've been posting old pictures from my childhood on my social media. I've been going through a lot of things, packing up for the inevitable move. And I found a picture of me in shorts when I was probably five.


It made me think back to when I was on a GF break for the holidays, and a couple of people mentioned to me their separate observations that I never wear shorts. This is true. I never understood why people like to wear shorts so much. As an adult I choose to not wear shorts. My legs these days aren't worth looking at, anyway. Besides, if I wore shorts now everyone would see the brace on my left leg. No one wants to see that.


Although to be fair to myself, there was a period of maybe three years just after high school when I had legs worth looking at. In fact I looked pretty good naked back then, if I don't say so myself.


But when I was a kid I was forced to wear whatever my mom or my grandparents made me wear. However, when I visited my grandmother in Scottsdale and my dad in Vegas while I was in junior high, my grandparents made me wear shorts. "It's the desert," they said. "Everything's hot there. You'll sweat to death if you wear pants."


I've always been a flop-sweater, so they would have been right. But like I said, I choose not to wear shorts as an adult. As a child I had them forced on me.


I didn't like them then, and I don't like them now. Sure, wearing pants in the desert is hot, but at the same time they offer an additional layer of protection when you sit down in a car that's been out in the sun for, say, an hour.


So I won't be wearing shorts anytime soon. Unless I'm super old and I want to make people as uncomfortable as possible. Maybe then.


And no, I'm not posting the picture of li'l me in shorts. Not happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment