Tuesday, April 11, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #652: SAIL HATAN

Sail Hatan

 Many years ago, during a White Wolf campaign taking place a thousand years ago in England (or maybe it was Scotland?), we had a pirate character, and I named his ship the Sail Hatan. Over time I decided that if I ever owned a boat, I would call it the Sail Hatan.


Last week I found myself heading out to Crystal Lake, and it was the first chance I got to take my new car, a 2020 Honda Accord Sport, on the expressway. I wanted to get it up to a hundred, but traffic was a little slow, so I had to live with a mere eighty. It impressed me a great deal. It's a smooth ride, and it doesn't fuck around.


On Saturday I went down to Braidwood, and it was my second chance on an expressway. Unlike Crystal Lake, Braidwood is in the middle of nowhere. If you get out past Aurora on I-55, there is practically no traffic. So yeah, I pushed it up to a hundred, and I was very pleased with the results.


You know how dickheads like to rev their engines and then peel out while their cars roar like beasts? I find that to be excessive and not necessary. Kind of like a dickhead who acts tough. Acting tough and being tough are two different things, and those who actually are tough don't need to act tough.


My car gets up to a hundred very fucking fast without the theatrics or the noise pollution. This car has balls, and it performs like a dream.


I'm never going to own a boat. But I think this car has earned the name Sail Hatan. So it is written, so it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment