Wednesday, April 12, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #653: MOVIE NIGHT PART 2

 You may remember a while ago I started thinking about maybe setting aside one night a week to watch a movie instead of TV shows. I didn't always succeed at this, but I've been trying. So here's a look at the movies I've watched so far. They're all horror, and they're all on Shudder. And they're all good.



Lake Mungo was a bit of a surprise. It was not what I was expecting at all, and I like it when that happens. I figured a bunch of Australians made a monster movie. That's what the title suggests to me. But no, it has more to do with a mystery surrounding the disappearance of a young girl and the haunting (?) that comes after. It's got some nice twists and turns, and I wound up liking it a lot. It's like Paranormal Activity if that movie was actually good.



I enjoyed Christmas Bloody Christmas a lot more than I expected. I figured it would be a stupid holiday themed monster movie, and it is kinda that, but it's better. The dialogue is snappy as all hell, kind of like Kevin Smith by way of Quentin Tarantino. The characters are very interesting and likeable. And the robot Santa is pretty brutal. It loses traction near the end, but it's a hell of a ride.



Sorry About the Demon is exactly what I expected. It's a good horror comedy about a guy who gets dumped by his girlfriend and lucks into renting a house super cheap . . . except there is a demon living there. And a couple of ghosts. It gave me Dead Alive vibes. Not the gore. I mean, the protagonist. He's kind of a loser, but he's really funny and he's really in love with this woman and is trying to win her back. It's just a sweet love story with a twisted mentality. The guy kind of reminds me of a Will Forte character.


So yeah. I intend to keep returning to the well that is Shudder (that there is a well-dweller in there needs no special mention). These are entertaining flicks, and I recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment