Thursday, April 6, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #649: A SCOURGE ON SOCIETY

 I know I'm going to lose a lot of you on this one, but I feel like I need to get this off my chest. I don't really care about a lot of crime. If I found out a friend of mine murdered someone, I would ask why before making any judgments. I clearly have no problem with illegal drug use. I think theft is sometimes OK. There are only a handful of crimes that I consider inexcusable, like child rape, for example, or running for US president.


But I do think a crime that almost everyone dismisses should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and that's jaywalking. It's a fucking scourge on society.


In a residential area? Go ahead. In an industrial area? It's probably fine to do it. But in a city with real traffic? I think you should do jailtime for this.


Jaywalking in a place where there is a lot of car traffic is not just dangerous for the jaywalker, but it's also fucking inconsiderate of those around that person. In most places if a pedestrian steps out into the street, it's the law for motorists to stop for them. Punishable by a fine at the very least if you don't. There are crosswalks for pedestrian crossing, goddammit. Can't you fucking wait until you get to one? Or do you feel the prickish need to ruin someone else's day? Is traffic too good for these people trying to drive to work or home or perhaps even the ER? Do you only care about yourself?


Jaywalking is a self-centered act. Jaywalkers are pricks who expect the world to revolve around themselves and no one else. When you jaywalk, you're indicating to everyone around you that you're much more important than anyone else. When you jaywalk, you're holding a middle finger to civilized society.


No, I haven't had sex in a while. Why do you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment