Friday, April 14, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #655: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER . . .

 Fuck the weather. Here in the Chicago area we skipped spring and went directly from winter into summer. Spring is my favorite season, even if it usually only lasts a couple of weeks. Goddammit, I need those two weeks. We went from me keeping the windows closed at night because it's too cold to keeping the windows closed because it's too hot. What in the fucking fuck?


I need some spring nights to leave the windows open and let some cool air into the house. That gets me the best sleep possible. And now we've gone from forty degree days to the eighties with no spring buffer? This is unacceptable behavior from the weather.


And I know there's at least one smug bastard reading this thinking, "You know what Chicago's like. If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes."


First of all, every single fucking locale on this planet says that about themselves. EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. ONE OF THEM. I'm sure there are tribes in the Amazon cut off from any knowledge of the rest of the world where there are people who say this same fucking thing about their area.


Ergo, secondly, fuck the weather on this entire planet. Since we're unlikely to stop destroying the environment because corporations are more important than human life, I say we pollute the planet even worse. Fuck it. Let's fast track our own destruction. Because if I can't have a nice spring day--and at this point, that's the only goddam fucking thing I'm asking for--then no one can. Ever again.


Holy shit, where's the Tylenol?!

No comments:

Post a Comment