Wednesday, May 10, 2023

GOODNIGHT, FUCKERS #673: KARLOFF VS PRICE

 Today was a shitty day, so I'm going to keep this one short. Thankfully in my Field Notes book where I keep GF ideas, I found this one guaranteed to be short.


I'm guessing this is a still from The Raven

Here's something I found out last week, and looking at the picture above you would think it's pretty obvious. Did you know that Vincent Price was taller than Boris Karloff?


That seems so weird to me. I always figured Price was at an average height, but he's a towering 6' 4"!!! I'm around six-two, so it surprised me to learn he's taller than me. Conversely, I've always thought Karloff was a towering man. Not just because of the Frankenstein movies. Looking at him in other films he looks like he would be tall. He was just 5' 11", which astonishes me.


It also means he was shorter than Bela Lugosi, who was 6' 1". Weird. I would have thought he was taller than Lugosi for sure.


If I'd found out that Christopher Lee was short, that would have destroyed my entire worldview. It would have changed everything. But no, he was definitely tall at 6' 5".













































PS: I love Karloff, but this will always be my favorite part of Ed Wood:



No comments:

Post a Comment